Thursday, October 11, 2012

Paparazzi Booth & Antibiotic Overdose

Last night I set up for my paparazzi booth at Country Farm Event in Payson. I was doing so good and had everything (not my jewelry and hair accessories) set up way early. Well I got a call at 7 am from Amelia saying my canopy had blown over and was probably broken, and that most the canopies blew over. Oh ya and my mirror had broken. So, I hurried and finished loading my inventory and got kids ready and we headed over. The damage wasn't as bad as I thought and it was pretty easy to get back up. Only a couple things (on my brand new canopy) broke. So, I was relieved and and hurried and set everything up again.
This is how it looked when I got there, after they had gathered up my stuff. My tablecloths were wet from the rain and everything!
 Such a cute canopy! Pretty much ruined after the first use!
 So, the parts we staked into the hard gravel road stayed in place, the poles just slid out of all of them, then it tipped! If it hadn't been for the huge block Kerby had tied to one corner my canopy would have been inside the animal cage where the petting zoo is!
This is how I was set up (minus the walls to help in case it was windy again.
 This is after taking down 2 hours early. My display boards fell over twice from gusts of wind and it wasn't ending so I called it a night. Most people did. My display board fell into one of the poles so it pulled my tent partway down and bent one of the poles pretty bad. :( I guess that's what happens when you buy a cheap tent! Kerby came after work and really got the poles in good and staked up good (I sure hope so anyways), but after we took down we decided to take the walls off over night so the wind has nothing to pick up!
 I'll be there tomorrow, Saturday and the next Friday and Saturday too, so come on down!
When we got home we unloaded everything, while we were unloading Skylar took it upon herself to give herself her antibiotic for her ear infection! If I calculated correctly she took 5 to 6 tsp of it. Her dose is 1 1/2 tsp! So I called poison control and they said they don't send them to the hospital unless it's been 10 or more teaspoons. She said to keep her hydrated so it doesn't damage her kidneys and that she's have diarrhea. So, at least she is ok. I'm sooo not happy that she knows how to open those bottles!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! That is SO frustrating! We have had some horribly windy events and it just makes everything hard! We've had our boards blow over too. We've never lost a tent though, yikes! Glad you got it worked out! Tell ya what, your fist event is always quite the learning experience. But you got the double whammy with the wind factor. Have you thought of putting something on the bases of your stands so that they don't blow over again? We also have ended up putting baling wire through the tops of our boards and staking that to the ground front and back A-Frame style so that they can't go anywhere. Good luck! It looks like you're doing a great job dealing with it all! Can't wait to hear how the rest of it goes!