Monday, November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

This is my favorite pumpkin pie! I've tweaked a recipe and made it perfect (to me). Although last time I made it was for bunco at my house and I forgot to add the water, but it was still yummy, it just seemed fluffy.

Ingredients:
Small Pumpkin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves (or none at all is fine too)
1 c. hot water

Directions:
Cut pumpkin in half w/o stem. Scoop out seeds and strings. Place cut down on foil lined baking sheets. Most recipes say to cover with foil but I don't, it cooks much faster without it. Bake @ 350 for 45 min to 1 1/2 hrs, just till the flesh is soft enough to scoop out easily. Cool. Scoop out flesh & mash (I use a Tupperware Quick Chef, anything with a blade will work better than just mashing it). Mix together 1 1/3 c. smooth pumpkin, the sweetened condensed milk, egg, and all seasonings. Pour into a 9" pie shell. Bake @ 375 for 55 to 65 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment