Monday, May 28, 2012

The Help

Today I got up at 5am to get ready for work. Searched 2 hours for my badge (which has my work keys attached) with no luck. Sent my friend Julie a text asking if I could borrow her keys. I got to work, worked all day then went to a bbq at Tina's house. Then we watched The Help. I'm so grateful that the world isn't like that now. I'm so grateful I know how to work and do things for myself and care for my children. Ok, well I at least try all those things, sometimes I fail miserably at some of them but I try.  The Help is a good, sad movie and it's so sad to know that those things and probably much worse than they showed, actually happened. So sad that African American's were treated that way. I'm glad the world is no longer like that but then again there are so many other sad, troubling things going on in the world. :( And you know what? I'm grateful for my little sheltered life in my sheltered town, yes we have plenty of problems and see plenty but I know it's much worse other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment