Thursday, May 3, 2012

Paranormalcy


Today I finished reading this book Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. It's a really good book and I got the second book from the library at the same time so when I was done with this one I immediately wanted to pick up the next. The next one is called Supernaturally. There's also one coming out in July called Endlessly. This book reminded me a little of The Hour Glass Door series (if you haven't read those, read them!) and a little bit of Twilight. There are vampires but they aren't made "beautiful" in these books...at least not in Evie's (the main character) eyes. She sees Paranormal creatures for what they really are, she sees them how the world sees them and how they look underneath. You'll just have to read the books to know what I mean. These books are very clean, no swearing or anything bad at all. I have to admit for some reason it took me a few short chapters to get into the book but after that I didn't want to put it down. I love the characters and how she portrays all the creatures we all hear of in other books like werewolves, mermaids, hags and nymphs. Such a good book! Returning it to the library tomorrow, if you want to read it hurry in! Thanks Karrie for introducing them to me, let me know how you're liking The Maze Runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment