Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cherries!!!

Finally our we have a good cherry year! We planted our cherry tree 6 or 7 years ago and the year before last we were starting to think we had planted a male tree (if there's even a male and female cherry tree, that's what I read) because we weren't getting any cherries on it at all and my sister who planted hers after us was getting a lot. Well last year we finally got about 10 cherries and the birds ate most of them. This year we had a lot, probably a couple hundred. Also we had put a net over the tree to help keep the birds away. They still ate lots of them but we got to eat a lot too! Today I picked the last of them because the birds were starting to eat more of them since they found a way in (one got stuck the other day for a few minutes). I'm so excited that we can finally get cherries from our very own tree each year now. I love cherries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment