Thursday, September 20, 2012

Simplifying

 Today I finally took my friend Julie's advice and simplified my life in a small way that could end up having a huge impact! A couple months ago she got rid of all her plates, bowls and cups except for one for each family member. So, I did it! I actually did it! I've been thinking about doing it since she told me she did. It feels good to have done it because I really think it will help my kitchen be much cleaner. I'm so tired of having to do so many dishes. Especially when I work, the next day there's almost always enough dishes for more than one load.  Way too many cups, bowls and plates are being used every single day.  I let each person choose 1 cup, 1 small bowl, 1 big bowl, 1 small plate and 1 big plate for each family member.  I wrote their names on the bottom of each dish. When they're done eating they'll have to put their dishes in the dishwasher, at night I'll start the dishwasher then unload it in the morning. If they don't put their dishes in the dishwasher they'll have to hand wash them the next day to be able to eat. Of course I'll help Skylar with this at first, but I think even she'll do just fine. I'm so excited! I may not do it forever, maybe till their in the habit of doing it, we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to LOVE it!! And your kids are going to learn to be responsible for their dishes. How does Kirby feel about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerby jokingly asked if I was going to do his dishes for him. I told him no way!

      Delete