Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Taco Bowls

 I saw this on one of my friends Facebook walls but now I can't find it or remember who's I saw it on. Anyways, I made them tonight and it was so simple and they tasted really, really good. The whole family and two other families I made them for enjoyed them too! They were a big hit! Chef Levi convinced me to try some different versions of it which turned out good too. We had a fun time making them. Thanks to whoever put them on your Facebook timeline. :)
You just put mini flour or wheat tortillas on top of the bottom of a muffin tin like this. I sprayed my pan, but I don't think you'd need to. Next time I'll try it without spraying it. Then I cooked them for 10 min. on 375º. Fill with desired taco fillings. To me these are the best taco shells ever! I love the flavor!
Levi and I experimented on different ways we could fit more onto the pan so we could cook more at the same time. This was the best solution we came up with.
This was Levi and Kadin's favorite solution.
 Here they are cooked. I should have taken a picture of them out of the pan. They tipped over instead of sitting flat so a lot of the stuff fell out of them. The kids still liked them that way though. It reminded them all of ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun and yummy dinner! You are a nice mom to let your kids help you cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, it's not often that I let them help in fact I should let them help more. I'm thinking about having Kadin and Levi take a night to cook. I don't know, then I feel bad because they're already so busy with sports and school, BUT it will always be that way, even when they're older. So, should I get them used to it? Dilemmas!

      Delete