Monday, February 6, 2012

7 Layer Bean Dip Bar

Yesterday for the super bowl I made 7 layer bean dip, but instead of just putting it all in one dish I decided to have a little 7 layer bean dip bar. That way everyone could have their own servings and there would be no double dipping into a dish everyone else was dipping from and everyone could choose what and how much they wanted of each item. The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever because they could keep all the gross stuff out (which I had no idea they didn't like, they normally just eat it all). Here are some pics of it. Oh and a tip from me, do not fill your cups up to full, trust me! Filling them too full makes it hard to get to the bottom layers. I think next time I do it we'll use small plates for the layers. Recipe below.
Recipe:

Jennifer Black's Bean Dip
1st layer: 1 can (16 oz) re-fried beans, 1 can Frito Lay bean dip
Mix and spread on a plate.
2nd layer: 3 or 4 large avocados mash and spread over bean mix.
3rd layer: 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 sm. container sour cream, 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
Mix and spread on avocados.
4th layer: Cheese
5th layer Tomatoes, diced
6th layer: green onions, chopped
7th layer: olives, sliced
You can also add whatever else you like.

1 comment: