Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bird Nest Treats

These are all over Pinterest and other websites and everyone does them different. I'll include the recipe I used below. The kids had tons of fun making these, especially Skylar. They thought they were so cool. I thought they'd totally eat them up quick but I'm pretty sure adults ate most of them.
 
 Skylar held out till the end.
Recipe:
Bird Nest Treats
12 oz bag Chow Mein Noodles
10 to 12 oz bag Butterscotch, peanut butter or chocolate chips (or a mixture)
Egg shaped candies

In a microwave safe dish melt chips for 30 seconds, stir then melt for thirty more seconds, stir until melted (melt a little longer if needed).  Stir in the Chow Mein noodles, because I had 10 oz bags I only used about 3/4 of the bag. I wish I had used only 1/2. Scoop out with a 1/4th cup measuring cup onto wax paper, parchment paper or silicone mat to form the nest. Place 3 eggs in the center of the nest. I wanted to try different kinds so I got Cadbury Eggs, Robin Eggs and Jelly Beans. They all look cute. I didn't see this done on any sites until I went to post this but some people just scoop the nests into cupcake tins, I think this would make them stay together better because mine were falling apart a little. That's one reason I wish I had used less noodles, taste is the other reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment