Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easter Smores

Today we made Easter Smores with Peeps. I LOVE Peeps!!! Wow, these were the best smores I've ever had! I think because of how light the peeps are it made the marshmallows perfect. Some day we'll have to actually try roasting them over the fire, that would probably be the ultimate smore with a golden layer on the peeps. Mmmm!
 Since I don't like chocolate I always have to have white chocolate of some sort. Today I had cookies and cream bars and regular hersheys chocolate bars.
 The kids thought this was the best idea ever! Put chocolate on the graham crackers, then peeps. Then bake in the oven at 400ยบ for about 5-8 min. I actually didn't keep track but it was somewhere around there, just watch them close. When they're nice and big and barely getting golden at the top they're ready.
 Yum! Look how big and perfect they look.
 When you bite into it, it really is the perfect bite of smore.
I'm glad we have more to make because I'm making these tomorrow too! Poor Skylar's been sick and didn't eat any, maybe tomorrow she'll be better.

1 comment: