Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sausage Zucchini Bake

 I made up a delicious new recipe today and everyone loved it! It was gone before I knew it and they were wanting more. I didn't have time to take better pictures of it, so sorry. It really was good though. It was so easy too so I'll definitely be making it more. I used sausage but you could use any kind of ground meat. Yum! I love it when I make up a good recipe, it makes me feel great! It's so weird though because I don't like to cook so I don't know why I feel so good when I do this...probably because I feel like a lousy cook. So, yay!
Recipe:
Sausage Zucchini Bake
1 1/2 lbs original ground sausage
2 medium zucchini
1 red pepper
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 tsp oregano
2 tsp minced garlic
2 c fiesta blend cheese (or any kind)

Preheat oven to 350. Brown sausage in skillet, add oregano and garlic.  Slice the onion (I left big pieces) and add to skillet. Cut the pepper into pieces and add to the skillet. Cut the zucchini in half (length wise) then slice it up and add it to the skillet. Mix all together and simmer for a few minutes. Pour into 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy Kristi, we will have to try it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete