Monday, January 16, 2012

Carrot Cake

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAKE! (That's for people who don't read the whole post, hehe)
For Levi's birthday party I made a new carrot cake recipe I found here. Nancy's Kitchen...recipes using cake mixes The cake was ok but not as good as I was hoping. I think next time I'll just use the plain old recipe with the cake mix. Don't get me wrong it was good and moist, but not as good (to me and most at the party) as the regular box recipe. Also the cake wasn't staying together very well.
 
Here's the recipe in case you want to try it, or create a similar one.

Carrot Cake

 1 pkg. Super Moist carrot cake mix
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 can (8 1/4 oz.) sliced carrots or
grated carrots, drained
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Stir vigorously for 1 minute. Bake cake for 35 to 40 minutes, cool and frost with Cream Cheese Raisin Frosting.
FROSTING:
1 pkg. Betty Crocker cream cheese
frosting

Mix as directed and add 1/2 cup raisins, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment