Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Skylar and Fisher say...

On Monday

Today after I dropped Fisher off at school this was mine and Skylar's conversation:
Skylar: Can I have a fruit snack?
Me: Are you going to cry some more? (I had told her she could have one after we got back and she cried for a few minutes)
Skylar: No I'm d_____
Me: What?
Skylar: NO I'm D_____
Me: Oh you're done? You're done crying?
Skylar: NO I'M DIED!
Me: You died? (chuckling)
Skylar: YES I'M DIED! GIVE ME A FRUIT SNACK!
Me: So you're done crying?
Skylar: YES! MOM! I SAID I'M DIED!
Me: Don't scream at me Skylar, you won't get a fruit snack if you're going to scream at me.
Skylar: OK!
Me: When we get home you can have one but tell mommy sorry for screaming.
waiting.......
..........
......
...
Skylar: Sorry momma, now can I have a snack? I'm died again.
Me: Yes Skylar you can have one, how did you die?
Skylar: I JUST SAID!
Me: Don't scream, what did you say?
Skylar: Where's my snack?

I never did find out what she was meaning and I'm pretty sure she (obviously) has no clue what death means. She does know our dog Puddles died, she said goodbye to her before she did and sometimes she talks about Puddles dying so now I'm not sure what she thinks of death.


New story. Monday while I was at work Kerby, Fisher and Skylar were at Sportsman's Warehouse and Kerby was reading shirts to Fisher. He read one that said, "If my sister were a fish I'd throw her back!" Fisher got all excited and said that he really wanted that shirt. He wasn't very happy when Kerby didn't get it for him, maybe for his birthday we'll get it.  Funny but poor Skylar.

1 comment:

  1. Cute stories, and what a great way to make sure your family memories are not lost. Unlike some people I know, who tried writing journals but did not keep going, and when her children got older wanted to know things about their child hood and now she can't remember!

    ReplyDelete