Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fishing In The Tub

Well, this is a first and a last! Kerby and the kids came home from ice fishing today and I was downstairs doing a project for primary. I come upstairs to find this....
The kids had put some small fish in the bath tub and started fishing for them. There is no limit to these white bass because the lake is overpopulated with them so instead of returning the little fish to the lake which would most likely die anyways they kept them for cat fish bait.  When they got home a couple were still alive so they decided to put them in the tub and fish for them and play with them.
 
 They were so nice and even added some wax worms and bread crumbs to the water!
 Guess who's cleaning the bath tub? Not mom!
The fish just swam around like they'd found their new home.
 
 So, I let them have their fun for a few minutes then the fish were out!

6 comments:

  1. I seriously think that is freaking awesome! My kids would think I was the best mom ever if I let them do that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Julie. This mom didn't let it happen for very long. Hey, I bet your kids do think you're the best mom ever!

      Delete
  2. lol, how cute!!! They look like they had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should save those fish and everytime the kids and kerby want to go fishing just put them back in the tub! eventually they will get big enough that even Kerby might have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, I bet they'd die pretty quick with my boys though. Plus it's illegal to keep fish you catch alive and as pets.

      Delete