Wednesday, January 4, 2012

LA's Totally Awesome

 I found (well Kerby found it) a new cleaner that I really like, it's LA's Totally Awesome cleaner. I  tried it on a few different things and for the most part was really impressed with it. The first thing I did was try it on a red popsicle stain that I haven't been able to get off my counter for 5 days now. Normally I use expensive cleaner from "door knockers" but have been out for a long time...I don't think I'll be buying that anymore, not when I can get a 20 oz bottle for $1 at the Family Dollar or All a Dollar stores. 
If you don't have either of those stores near you they do sell it on Amazon, this is the best deal I could find, it's a pretty good deal ...it's 2 big refill bottles so you'd need a spray bottle.


 Here is a video of how awesome this cleaner really is! WOW I'm totally awesome at videoing ;)
Before
With literally one swipe it was gone! No scrubbing! Actually if you watch the video you can totally see the stain disappearing as it gets sprayed!
 After
This next picture is a stain that's been on my carpet for a really long time, it's right against the wall so my carpet cleaner never gets to it to clean it, I've tried cleaning it before with little success. The stain looks worse to the eye than it does in a picture.
 Before
I think it did a pretty good job, there's still a little bit of staining but I think if I do it again it will be gone.
 After

I've had this red spot on my carpet for a really long time and just can't find anything that will get it out.
The stain on the bottom is pretty recent but my carpet cleaner can't get it out because it's right on the edge of my carpet and that part has sunken in a little bit so the carpet cleaner goes right over it without touching it.
Before
 So it didn't get the red spot out of the carpet but it did clean up the bottom stain nicely. If anyone knows a way to get rid of this red spot please let me know!!!
After
The next 2 stains also happened 5 days ago, the night of Kylee's going away party. It's curry sauce and I'm not sure Carrie even saw this stain because it was still crusty and I didn't realize it was there either or that it hadn't been cleaned up.
Before
 This one she did try cleaning up.
 :( They didn't come out but are definitely lighter, I even tried a second cleaning and they are barely lighter. It looks like dog pee!!! Tina says to try Spray n' Wash on it so I'll do that and keep you posted. I think the key to keeping carpets clean is to take care of it while it's still wet. I've had this same carpet for 8 1/2 years and up until the past 6 months or so it's starting to get stains I can't get out. People always ask if it's new carpet so I'm sad that it's getting stained up and I can't get them out. Anyone know a really good carpet cleaning product that works for set in stains?
After
Well Totally Awesome is totally awesome for lots of things but not set it carpet stains.
Always cover the stains with a towel after you spray and wipe them up, that way if it gets stepped on it's not creating a worse stain.

4 comments:

  1. Kristi I got out a grease stain on white carpet with water softener powder mixed with water. It came out instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the orange cleaner that the door knockers sell. I think someone in park city sells it. That always gets EVERYTHING out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that’s a bad carpet stain! Did you scrub the carpet when you removed the curry sauce? Scrubbing the spilled curry sauce will only make a stain worse. You should have saturated it with a non-bleach cleaning solution and put a towel or any clean cloth on it to absorb it. You can also use a carpet brush, then brush it in a circular motion to totally remove the stain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stuff is the best for your buck! Vinegar is also another great cheap cleaning solution for carpets

    ReplyDelete