Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tie Dye Cupcakes

I've been wanting to try a tie dye cake for a long time so today Kadin had friends over for pizza and cake and I decided to try tie dye cupcakes. I think they turned out really cool and so did Kadin and his friends. They said they were awesome!
Just mix up a cake mix and split it into sections then add lots of food coloring so you get bright colors.
 Pour the batter into the cupcake tin (grease the pan) or cupcake paper (I was out) a little at a time and make sure you have all 4 colors in each one switching the order.

 I decided to swirl the 6 on the left so I could compare the insides and see what I like better.
 Here they are all done.
I put one of my favorite frostings on it. No cook white frosting. 
Here's the recipe.
 Mmm doesn't that look yummy?!
 Here's a cupcake I hadn't swirled.
 Here's one I did swirl, I like the non-swirled cupcake better.

1 comment: