Thursday, January 19, 2012

Skylar Says

Skylar was playing with her little pony just barely and said to the pony, "don't say no to me." She sits for a few moments and says, "don't say no to me, you say....you say....umm you say, mommy what does it say, it not say no so what does it say?" HUGE eye opener for me. I tell her and she hears me tell the boys not to say no to me but she has no idea why and what she should say instead. Guess I learned something important and need to teach it to her next time I tell one of them not to say no to me.

1 comment:

  1. You made me smile! It never came easily to me, but educators are trained to use redirects: if correction is necessary, follow up by providing an appropriate action or response. When possible, offering a couple of choices gives the child some control and a wider range of positive behavior. The young ones can also be encouraged to use the technique to improve their communication skills. Kudos for reminding us that adults and youngsters learn from each other! You are a very loving Mom!

    ReplyDelete